Think about it, the iPod itself is not dangerous, it is what we put on it that could potentially be harmful. If we put sermons, an audio Bible, or Christian music on it, is that dangerous? No. I myself have quite a few sermons and Christian music on mine that I enjoy listening to occasionally. Is the internet itself bad? No, again, it's what we do with it. If we use it to further ourselves in our Christian life and to help others, that is a good use for it.
Quite a few Mennonite Churches around me have gone to if you plug it in then it is okay (ie. computer programs, cd's), but otherwise it should not be used (ie. tv, radio, internet, etc).
I think as the saying goes, anything in excess is bad for a person, is true in this case as well. But in this case we must be vigilant not only in how much technology we use, but also how we use it. I listened to a sermon (from a Conservative Mennonite) about the dangers of modern technology and his stance was that we should use no technology. I had to chuckle a little bit because this sermon was distributed on cd's...how would we listen to the sermon if we did not have a cd player, or an iPod in my case? If we didn't use technology then there would have been no way to record his sermon and spread it to others who would be blessed by it. I agree that too much of techology can inhibit our growth in the Lord, but I also think that some technology could help us, depending on how we use it.
So...how can we hold one another accountable on such a vast scale? Prayer is a good start. Then if we notice someone who may be beginning to stumble, we could talk to them and ask them if they need help. Do not let the use of technology hinder you in your walk with God, if it has, then ask someone you trust to help hold you accountable. Do not let technology take up so much of your time that you forfeit your devotions and prayers. But then again, shouldn't we span this to be don't let anything take up so much of your time that you forfeit prayers and devotions? I think so.
Blessings in Christ,
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for commenting! Please be respectful with your comments as not everyone reading this blog comes from the same background.
Blessings in Christ,
Chelsea