John 1:1-18
Philippians 2:5-11
Hebrews 1:1-3
Colossians 1:12-20 (this one is approximate)
Especially in Colossians Paul gives us such a great example of how to pray for those we may not know too well but we know that they need our prayer.
Prayer is a powerful thing. It can help in such an unspeakable way that I don't even know where to start. My family has had some bouts with cancer, several of the people were told that they had only a few months to live, and one is now 4 years out from first diagnosis and the other is one year out. I truly believe this is all because of the power of prayer. Both people have a faith background and had strong prayer circles praying for their win over the disease and God granted that to both of them. This is just one simple example of the power of prayer. I am sure all of us have had experiences with what others may label as miracles, but we label as the Power of God and prayer!
Take time to pray and think on the different scriptures that help us to learn how to be more effective in our prayer life, it will only help us as Christians :) I by no means am a wonderful sayer of prayer, in fact I refuse to say prayer outloud because it is so jumbled in my head that I doubt anyone would follow me, but I am trying, and that is what counts in God's eyes :)
Blessings in Christ,
When I pray I try to follow the example given by Jesus in the Lord's prayer, esspecially if my thoughts are jumbled. I begin by calling on Him, honoring Him, and asking for His will to be done. Then I can talk about my needs, both spiritual and physical and ask for strength for the journey and close by acknowleging Him.
ReplyDelete