This past weekend seemed to be filled with car accidents. I'm not sure what it was, the break in the rainy weather we've had, or just everyone out trying to enjoy one last fall weekend.
Two young girls involved in an accident were sophomores in college. I didn't know either girl very well, but the part that I really kind of struggled with is that I had them both in classes when I was substituting. They were your average teenagers. I would get annoyed with them for thinking because I was a substitute they didn't have to do their work and then later on one would be helping me get a rowdy class of freshman under control.
In the wake of tragedy, it is always wonderful to know that they knew God and accepted Him as their savior.
But what I find odd is that I reacted more to these two deaths, of students whom I had in class a handful of times, more than I did to my own grandma's. Granted this was unexpected and my grandma's we knew was coming, but still. I do find that odd.
If God sees it fit for me to become a teacher, that is going to be the hardest part for me to deal with, students who die. How do you deal with that? It certainly isn't going to be one of those things that gets easier with time... I guess by God's grace only will anyone be able to deal with this fact of life and help others to work through it as well.
Blessings in Christ,
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for commenting! Please be respectful with your comments as not everyone reading this blog comes from the same background.
Blessings in Christ,
Chelsea