Thursday, October 13, 2011

Amish Proverbs for Daily Life

Enjoy today...it won't come back. 

Live each short hour with God and the long years will take care of themselves. 

Thoughts are tax-free.

An industrious wife is the best savings account. 





It may be difficult to wait on the Lord, but it is worse to wish you had. 

You can't stumble when you are on your knees.

Walk softly, speak tenderly, and pray fervently.

A sweater is a garment worn by a child when his mother feels chilly.

Put the swing where the children want it.  The grass will grow back.





A smile is a curve that can straighten out a lot of things. 

It takes 73 muscles to frown and only 14 to smile.  No wonder grouchy people are always tired.

If you think you're too small to make a difference, you haven't been in bed with a mosquito. 

If we don't stand for something, we will fall for anything.





If you can't see the bright side, polish the dull.

Be like the teakettle; when it's up to its neck in hot water, it sings.

You can tell when you're on the right track.  It's usually uphill.





If you find a pathway with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere. 

Happiness doens't come from doing what we like to do, but liking what we have to do.

Nothing is all wrong: even a clock that has stopped running it is right twice a day. 





Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, and take what comes with a smile.

There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's the wife who can't cook and will.

Nothing is quite so annoying as to have someone go right on talking when you are interrupting.

(All proverbs are taken from Amish Proverbs: Words of Wisdom from the Simple Life by Suzanne Woods Fisher)

Blessings in Christ,

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chelsea!
    I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy reading your blogs. Your blog was recommended to me a long time ago. Even though I stopped reading it for a while, I'm so happy I stumbled across this blog again. I've been trying to read every post and get some insight, and I think it's been helping. So thanks for that, and thank you for your posts. I hope you keep writing.

    In His Grip,
    Runnergirl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please be respectful with your comments as not everyone reading this blog comes from the same background.

Blessings in Christ,

Chelsea