Monday, May 3, 2010

Living According to the Laws or Faith?

The May 2010 Issue of Challenging Femininity is now available! Check it out, there are some really interesting stories!

Yesterday was the 3rd week that I have attended the IFB church and my boyfriend joined me again yesterday. The one thing I have definitely noticed, is that the pastors push tithing as an "extremely important" thing. Now, I understand tithing and it's importance, but does it require 5 minutes of the service to urge your members to give more than they were going to? I don't think so. But I am curious, how does your church approach this topic?

I have picked up my Bible reading again. The past two nights I have spent reading through Galatians. Such a wonderful blessing that whole book is! Especially for my thoughts that I had to follow the OT laws!!

So many quotes from Galatians that support that!
Galatians 3:13-14 (NKJV) "13 Christ has redeemed us fromt he curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, 'Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree'), 14 that the blessings of Abraham might come upon the Gnetiles in Christ Jesus, that we might recive the promise of the Spirit trhough faith."

Galatians 3:24-26 (NKJV) "24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. 26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus."

Galatians 4:30-31 (NKJV) "30 Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? 'Cast out the bondwoman and her son, for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.' 31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free." (The bondwoman is symbolic for those born into the law.)

Galatians 5:14 (NKJV) "For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this 'You shall love your nieghbor as yourself.'"

I absolutely LOVE this last verse! How wonderful! My spirit is at peace now that I have read and understood this important book of the Bible!

Blessings in Christ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Please be respectful with your comments as not everyone reading this blog comes from the same background.

Blessings in Christ,

Chelsea