I have seen some discussion lately that as Christians we ought to hold to the OT laws. However, as John 1:17 (NKJV) says "For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ" we can rely on the grace of Jesus Christ to allow us to enter heaven without all the laws, as long as we believe!
When I first saw the talk about needing to obey OT laws, I started to wonder why I hadn't been. But as I sought the help of Christian women who are far wiser than I, I realized that because of Jesus Christ, we no longer have to offer sacrifices, obstain from certain foods, and all other laws of Moses established in the OT. One woman suggested that I read Galatians through every time I start to have these questions because it is what has solidified for her what is required to enter heaven.
I also find it wonderful to know that there is no limit to the number of people who will enter heaven as stated in John 1:12-13 (NKJV) "But as many as recieved Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." How absolutely wonderful!
There are so many other scripture verses that are absolutely wonderful, but, I do not want to spoil the entire Bible for those of us who haven't read it yet :) By the way, I am just reading it through for the first time in my life! It is never too late to start and read the Bible through!!
Blessings in Christ,
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for commenting! Please be respectful with your comments as not everyone reading this blog comes from the same background.
Blessings in Christ,
Chelsea