Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Are you Amish?

I got asked today at school for the first time ever... "Are you Amish?" I was so confused that I probably didn't give the best response. The guy who asked is in two of my classes and I cover full time when I'm at school. I have tended to wear a chapel veil, same as THIS one, so the question really threw me for a loop :) He pointed to his head at which point I finally understood!

My answer? "I wear it out of obedience for 1 Cor 11:1-16". Now considering he is not a very religious person (from what I've gathered) it probably wasn't the best way to answer the question, but that is what I have decided would be my standard answer.

I just had to share with you :) Any of you have a similar experience?! Maybe being asked if you're a "sister" instead of Amish??

Blessings in Christ,

1 comment:

  1. I've been asked this many more times then I can remember! I'm glad I'm not the only one :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please be respectful with your comments as not everyone reading this blog comes from the same background.

Blessings in Christ,

Chelsea