Genesis 12:1-4 (NKJV)
Now the Lord had said to Abram: "Get out of your country, From your family And from your father's house, To a land that I will show you. I will make you a great nation; I will bless you And make your name great; And you shall be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed." So Abram departed as the Lord had spoken to him, and Lot went with him. And Abram was seventy-five years old when he departed from Haran.Genesis 22:1-3 (NKJV)
Now it came to pass after these things that God tested Abraham, and said to him, "Abraham!" And he said, "Here I am." Then He said, "Take now your son, your only son ISaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you." So Abraham rose early in the morning and saddled his donkey, and took two fo his young men with him, and Issac his son; and he split the wood for the burnt offering, and arose and went to the place of which God had told him."How obedient are you? Are you the type of person who at the first second you have heard God talking to you that you will jump to it or will you wait and see if that voice keeps speaking to you?
If someone asks you to give up your most valued posession, resource, etc, how do you react? Do you immediately obey or will you hem and haw over what to do?
Obeying is extremely difficult sometimes. Sometimes it is even the "unpopular" thing to do based on mainstream society. But God is not mainstream society.
Obeying is a difficult thing for me to do generally. I am a questioning personality. I like to know reasons behind a decision or an order, but with God that is not always known until later. I tend to be slower to obey what may be God speaking to me because I second guess myself and wonder if it is God or if it is satan saying the words. Typically these are situations where I do not find clear guidance on whether it is right or wrong in the Bible. Those situations are a bit easier for me to respond and obey quickly when I have heard God respond. This is something I know I need to keep working on. Isn't that part of why we say "walk in faith"?? We're continuously moving along a path...
Blessings in Christ,
Hello, I found you over at another blog :)
ReplyDeleteNice to meet you...
Renee
http://iamonewearethree.wordpress.com/