I was reading an Amish fiction book the other day and the phrase "What does your heart say?" and "Follow your heart" kept jumping off the pages at me. It almost seemed that the book was placed in my hands at the right time. Which I am sure it was, but still, it amazes me that God can even place a fiction book in our hands and use that to aid in His work. I need to remind myself that God will provide for me no matter where I go, especially if it is in His plan for me. Following my heart is the easy part, it is dealing with the thoughts that go through my brain and the thoughts and beliefs of what is best for me from other people in my life that I am having a problem dealing with. On the otherhand, I think most everyone knows that if we don't follow our heart, we will forever regret our decision. Our brains often get in the way of our faith and therefore God's Will - we must do our very best to put those thoughts aside and truly follow our heart. That is where God's wants lie in us.
Blessings in Christ,
I hope that God will lead you to the right decision, but remember that "the heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick." (Jeremiah 17:9) "Follow your heart" sounds good, but the Scriptures tell us that it's better to follow God's heart than our own!
ReplyDeleteBlessings to you,
Kate
Jah, I completely agree. But as a few of my friends have been telling me is that God lies within your soul which is in your heart. So if you follow your heart, you are following God's plan. I don't know if it's true or not, but I do feel that God typically tugs on our hearts towards what He wants for us. At least for me in the past, when I have followed my heart, I have felt a great peace surrounding me as opposed to when I have followed my brain and I feel guilt or some other evil emotion.
ReplyDeleteI do still struggle with how to determine if something is in God's will or not. I am a very cut & dry person and if I can't tell, I usually avoid the situation altogether.
My question everyday, what is God's heart wanting me to do? And how do I know what that is?
Blessings,
Chelsea