Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Some of the Lord's wonderful colors!

The first flowers are coming up and they make me so happy! I absolutely love tulips, here's a picture of some :) They are at school, the ones we had planted last fall to come up this spring rotted :(



I have been rather slow with my Bible reading, but I do have a thought to share with you. Goes along with the theme of spring :) It is the Beside the Still Waters daily devotionals for Saturday, April 10.

"It is not hard to understand how a straight row is easier to follow than a crooked row. But easier to follow doesn't always mean easer to maintain. More effort is required to stay straight than to go crooked both in planting nad in life. While planting a cornrow, you can drive perfectly by the marker right in front of the tractor, but unless you sight way out ahead, it is nearly impossible to maintain a straight row. We need to set our sights on something that is true, way up ahead -- something that doesn't move.

So it is in life. We might think we are on the right path because we are right on the mark left by the last generation. however, in a short time this will produce a mark that is difficult to follow. In reaction to this, we might decide that the mark from the last generation has little or no value, and we head for hte other end of the field, each on his own.

Whether we are first generation Christians making that first pass in the field or have four hundred years of rich heritage, we can leave a mark that is straighter and easier to follow than the mark that was left for us. The mark that we leave while looking way out ahead will be easy to follow when it lines up with all that the Bible teaches.

In our quest to plant a straight row, we will want to be identified as Christians. That mark right in front of us does matter. It is selfish of a generation that was given a good marker line to follow but fails to leave the same mark for the next generation. Without a good connection to God's guidance system, the Hold Spirit, we are planting in the dark."

This was submitted to Beside the Still Waters by Sam Miller from Haven, KS. I have been enjoying my daily devotionals from them, if anyone is interested let me know and I can give you the address to send a request for your own copy :) Everything from Still Waters Ministry is free.

I hope that I will be able to pick up my own Bible reading again soon. Until then, I pray this devotional has sparked something in you as it has done in me.

Blessings in Christ,

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chelsea,
    Thank you so much for such a dear post. I love reading about the ways other believers are growing and especially of the wonderful things you're finding hidden in His Word. Please continue sharing! Your posts are such a blessing to read.

    May Yahweh bless you,
    Shana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please be respectful with your comments as not everyone reading this blog comes from the same background.

Blessings in Christ,

Chelsea